Tuesday, May 20, 2008

2 Weeks Away

With the spring quarter in full swing and the weather being as nice as it has been, I've neglected writing here for quite sometime... my bad.

Well the quarter ended Friday (I had a 4.0 this quarter), I packed my stuff and said goodbye to Ruston for a while, and I made it back to Longview last night. Summer is here, and Bike & Build starts in two weeks! I'll be in Longview this week, El Paso the next, and then fly from El Paso to Providence on June 3rd for orientation the 4th.

The bike riding has been going pretty well this spring. I've made sure to get in at least one 50 mile ride a week, and a couple of those have been 70+ miles. In Ruston on Saturday I rode 52 total (about 35 with the Ruston Cyclists) and it was probably the hilliest ride I've done this year. We rode "the old race course" which was way hillier than any part of Ruston I'd ridden before. I was pretty happy with the way I rode. I stayed near the front the whole way, and it felt good overall.

Speaking of uphills, I'll hopefully get some good mountain climbing next week while I'm in El Paso. They say the transmountain highway has a bike lane the whole way, so it'll be nice to get some real uphill training in before the trip. More on that next week when I'm there.

I finished off the checklist for gear I need last night. Now I'm just waiting for the last few things to come in.

I've gotten some great donations recently, and I'd like to thank everybody who has given so far! I'm still trying to finish up my fundraising, so if you are interested in donating, please CLICK HERE and select my name (Rowell, Eric).

I'll do better at keeping this up to date over the next few weeks. I promise.

No comments: